FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ............ alias ............ FAQs
1. Who is behind this Project? 4.What speed broadband will I get? 7. How much will it cost me? 8. How safe is my money?
2. Why are we delivering this as 5. Are the speeds guaranteed?
a Community Project? 6. When will I see the benefits?
3. What benefits will I get?
What is the project? The project is being proposed to vastly improve the broadband service
available to residents.
The FAQ's are split up into 8 sections, as follows:
9. Will anyone know how 16. How do I choose an ISP package? 22. Do we have to use BT Openreach?
much I pledged? 17. Can anyone help me install the equipment? 23. How will you communicate progress? 10. When do I have to pay? Do I need to let anyone into my house? 24. I'm not interested so how can I ensure 11. What are the risks? 18. Will there be additional costs? you don't contact me again?
12. I only have a landline, so 19. Will my phone service suffer or improve? 25. What data will you store about me?
why should I contribute? 20. Who else has done this? Are we first? 26. Can I claim back these costs as
13. Is my home on the plan? 21. Will there be months of disruption? legitimate business expenses?
27. What about VAT?
28. What is the role of a Broadband
14. How will the Project be delivered technically?
15. Why doesn't the plan include fibre extensions
to new cabinets throughout the area?